[Xastir] Using xastir with an AXIP link

Stephen Brown Jr stephen.brown75 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 11:26:17 EST 2007

This may or may not be a little OT, but I'm looking for some direction here.
In my quest to become totally Windows free, I have come up with an idea and
I am not sure that it will work or not and I'm hoping someone here is
currently or has done this in the past.

I currently have 3 machines. I have an Ubuntu 6.06 desktop install, this is
what I am running Xastir on, a debian linux box(shell only, no X etc), and a
Windows XP pro box.

On the Windows box, I am running AGWPE to a TNC-X. I then interface Xastir
to it using the built in support for AGWPE. I run another TNC off the debian
box using AX.25 kernel stuff to for the local packet network here, this is
also where I am running javaprssrvr which also talks to AGWPE.

I would like to put the TNC-X on the debian box, kissattach it, and then
create an AXIP link between my Ubuntu machine and the debian box. I
essentially want the debian box to do everything that AGWPE is doing now. I
use the windows box very little, and I am looking for an excuse to retire
it, sell it, or put it to use with something else.

Is this possible or am I trying to re-invent the wheel? Does Xastir have
support for this natively already?

73's
Stephen
N1VLV