[Xastir] Xastir hangs when changing form fields

Richard Murnane Richard.Murnane at internode.on.net
Thu Feb 15 18:07:02 EST 2007

On 16/02/2007, at 1:59 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Richard Murnane wrote:
>
>> rusty... All I can say with any certainty is that my boss would kick
>> my butt if any of my "day job" applications hung for any reason at
>> all :-)
>
> Wanted to say something more here.  Don't worry, I didn't take
> offense at that last comment or nuthin'. ;-)

That's good, because none was intended! It was more a comment on my
boss than Xastir :-)

I've been using Dana's OSX build, because of other demands on my
time, laziness, and being on the OSX learning curve. One day I'll
build Xastir myself from scratch.

> However, once you lose control over any of the variables there's no
> amount of time or energy you can put into it which will make it
> rock-solid...  Something is always going to be going out of
> tolerance or a new buggy bit of code will get released and people
> will start to use it.

Fully understood - I have the same kind of issues in the day job!

In the end last night, I just went and edited xastir.cnf (tricky when
OSX refuses to show hidden files under any circumstances, I
completely forgot how to use vi, and the only command I remembered
from emacs was ^X^C...)

73 Richard VK2SKY