[Xastir] maps

Peter Maxfield pmaxfield at charter.net
Fri Feb 16 08:11:06 EST 2007

Again, everybody thanx for all the help over the last few days.

I can't get festival to work on this notebook, even outside of Xastir.  It
still sounds like rattlesnakes.  I'm going to have to worry about this
later.

In the past I have used the online tiger maps and they have worked well for
my purpose.  I have also had the weather alerts show up and that has been
great.  But, is there a way to control the intensity of the weather alert
and warning areas?  It tends to wipe out anything underneath it.  I set the
tiger map to 80% intensity

Also how do you, or can you get the nws-radar.geo to overlay the tiger map.
After reading the map readme/faq inside xastir, I am more confused.  Are the
.geo files for radar vector or raster, geo can be either?  Won't 2 raster
files always have one obscured?  How would I set the layers, or do I?

Well, time to go do some real work now.

Best regards,

Peter Maxfield

Where's Max now?