[Xastir] Using xastir with an AXIP link

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Fri Feb 16 18:46:21 EST 2007

Hi Stephen,

On 16/02/2007, at 3:26 AM, Stephen Brown Jr wrote:

> On the Windows box, I am running AGWPE to a TNC-X. I then interface
> Xastir
> to it using the built in support for AGWPE. I run another TNC off
> the debian
> box using AX.25 kernel stuff to for the local packet network here,
> this is
> also where I am running javaprssrvr which also talks to AGWPE.
>
> I would like to put the TNC-X on the debian box, kissattach it, and
> then
> create an AXIP link between my Ubuntu machine and the debian box. I
> essentially want the debian box to do everything that AGWPE is
> doing now.

Are both TNC's on the same frequency? If so then you can go down to 1
TNC, connect it to javaprssvr and then connect Xastir to that via the
"internet port".  That's what I do here.

If they are different frequencies, then you can run multiple
instances of javaprssvr, each on its own port (you'll have to modify
the config so tcp ports don't clash) and then connect Xastir as
required.

Carl.