[Xastir] Re: Which distrro are you using

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sun Feb 18 07:47:05 EST 2007

Good on ya Jim .. Ones things for sure.. If you ask a stack of Linux users
what Distro they are using its like opening a can of worms.. Good to see a
good spread of Distros in use and a good spread of feelings about em all..

And yes I cant resist putting in my 2 cents worth... I am Debian biased
myself. I use a install that was originally Kanotix based over 12 months
ago. Its had so many updates and changes its now really a Debian
Unstable/SID of sorts. Its was installed from a single CD and runs Xastir
nicely on a 1.5Ghz Athlon with KDE 3.5.4

Ive looked at other distros and have been impressed by some. I am just about
to move to a new HD and so will try a few different installs as experiments.
Say Kubuntu Ubuntu Sidux PC-Linux Sabayon and perhaps others before settling
on a final install.

I see someone was looking for a FC6 install. Have a look at Berry Linux.
Although it appears odd at first it does support English and uses a recent
KDE build and is FC6 based with reasonable hardware detection and a nice GUI
HD install..

Tony Hunt VK5AH