[Xastir] KAM+ and AX25

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Feb 19 15:43:21 EST 2007

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Kevin Hogan wrote:

> As it stands right now I can turn on one port for Tx and get Rx on both
> ports.

Yea, cuz you're sending a 0x00 for the port number during transmit,
which will select only one port.

> > For a MKISS setup you end up telling Xastir on a per-interface basis
> > which TNC port number to transmit on.
> Does MKISS need AX25 ?
> Or do you load it before starting Xastir?

It's been a while, but yea, I think you have to run AX.25 with the
MKISS driver and get that running before you start up Xastir, or at
least before you start up the Xastir ports that use it.  You should
see a "Port Number" place to fill in on the Xastir interface and
that's the TRANSMIT port number.  Xastir doesn't care which port
packets come in on for receive, it just decodes them all.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer