[Xastir] Tiger 2006 files as shapefiles

tom.white at gmail.com tom.white at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 16:02:30 EST 2007

Sorry about the xlate directory, some of these were done by hand and the
rest by a script that I didn't quite get right. The maps looked good on the
Xastir 1.8.4 I'm using.

I used the

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" -t_srs EPSG:4326 map_file /out/directory/

command to translate these. If there is another method that is better, I can
redo the whole process. It takes a few days though.

73,

Tom, K5EHX