[Xastir] Help on dependences

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Feb 20 14:46:45 EST 2007

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 01:35:35PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <stephen.brown75 at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> It's been a while since I've compiled this on my 6.06 setup, but if IIRC
> there is script called get-maptools.sh or something to that effect located
> under the scripts directory within the source. I believe that script will
> pull down the necessary libraries(such as these two for example) and compile
> them for you.
>
> Make sure you do a sudo apt-get install build-essential if you haven't
> already. Another alternative you can try is to do a sudo apt-get install
> xastir build -depends, that will install all the needed pre-requisites to
> build xastir from source. I had good luck with doing that on my 6.06 install

The detailed instructions for getting xastir set up on Edgy are on the
Xastir wiki at
<http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:Ubuntu_6.10>

There are some tweaks necessary to get get-maptools.sh to work properly.
Specifically, there's a hack needed to fix a broken geotiff makefile issue.
That hack is detailed on the wiki.