[Xastir] Xastir OS X

N1OFZ n1ofz at arrl.net
Mon Jan 8 09:19:53 EST 2007

On Jan 8, 2007, at 8:38 AM, Michael J. Wolthuis wrote:

> Maybe I am not explaining it right.  I see when starting it in
> XTerm that is
> has Imagemagick installed when it was compiled.  However, I have to
> still
> have Imagemagick installed on my OSX machine then right to interact
> with it?

No.  you need nothing else but what is in the binary to run Xastir.
Well, you do have to have X11 installed but I think you do as Xastir
will not run without it.

> It is more then just libraries needed for initial compiling or am I
> missing
> something?

If you want to want to compile from source you will have to install a
package manager such as Fink or MacPorts.  Instructions are covered
in the Xastir wiki and on my website.  The binary will do nothing for
you.  If you want to install from source and it may be best to just
delete everything in /opt/local before attempting to build.  The
latest binary version (1.8.5) will give you the option to install
everything (libraries and includes) and will give you the ability to
rebuild the source locally.

Dana
N1OFZ