[Xastir] Problem in starting Xastir-1.8.4

Larry Shields larry at isp.com
Mon Jan 8 12:56:44 EST 2007

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Larry Shields wrote:
>
> That's about what I saw from you.  An empty message.  Did you have a
> problem/question for the list?  If so, try again.
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U.   APRS Client Comparisons: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

Hi Curt,

Yes I did have a question, now I am curious why it didn't show up, but
at anyrate here's my problem...

When starting xastir I am getting this error:
error loading shared libraries: libgeotiff.so cannot open shared object
file:
No such file or directory...

Yet using "locate" libgeotiff.so it shows that I do infact do have it...
/usr/local/lib/libgeotiff.so.1.2.3
/usr/local/lib/libgeotiff.so.1.2
/usr/local/lib/libgeotiff.so.1
/usr/local/lib/libgeotiff.so

As root I have tried /sbin/ldconfig, but I still have the same error
message when starting xastir...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks Larry