[Xastir] Re: New devel snapshot, SuSE RPM's, LSB package (Curt, WE7U)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 16 09:16:02 EST 2007

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Tony Hunt wrote:

> Curt .. Is there a way we can put some tracking on version numbers on these
> LSB packages ? Ive downloaded the 1.8.5 several times now since early
> december and the filename is allways the same.. The only way to see the
> difference in the build is to keep track of the date on your FTP site..

Since the LSB stuff is still experimental I haven't paid a lot of
attention to numbering yet.  For that matter, I should be bumping
the rev number on the SuSE RPM packages each time I build them too,
but I'd have to tweak the number in the spec file each time to do so
and check it into CVS, a big pain when I must recreate these so
often.  The more automated this stuff can be, the better for me.

So far the LSB builds are just devel snapshots.  When we do another
stable release then you'll have two to choose from, one devel and
one stable.

I suppose I could tweak the LSB build script to add a date onto the
filename for the LSB devel versions.  I'd also need the script to go
out and delete the earlier devel versions from the FTP site, or else
manually do it each time.  More work.

I'm glad to see somebody is actually using the LSB builds.  I've
heard very little feedback.  This latest version should be much more
stable for messaging.

> Is it ok to just install new versions straight over the old ones ?

Yes.