[Xastir] Re: New devel snapshot, SuSE RPM's, LSB package (Curt, WE7U)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 16 09:59:57 EST 2007

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> > Is it ok to just install new versions straight over the old ones ?
>
> Yes.

Except for the fact that I got some extra executables into the
.tar.bz2 file lately.  Oops.

Delete all the files in /opt/Xastir/bin before overlaying the
latest-latest on top of it.  Or just delete filenames like
"xastir-94.4" and "xastir-95.0" and call it good.  The only files
that should be in that directly currently are:

    callpass
    gm
    xastir
    xastir-udp_client

I've fixed up my build script so that it blows away the /opt/Xastir
directory each time so this shouldn't happen again.  Users should
NOT do that because it'll remove their customizations in the
/opt/Xastir/share directory (maps, sound files, FCC/RAC databases,
etc).

I also tweaked the script to add a date onto the end of the uploaded
filename.