[Xastir] Re: New devel snapshot, SuSE RPM's, LSB package (Curt, WE7U)

Greg Eigsti greg at eigsti.com
Tue Jan 16 11:59:02 EST 2007

> Users should
> NOT do that because it'll remove their customizations in the
> /opt/Xastir/share directory (maps, sound files, FCC/RAC databases,
> etc).

Which brings up a question that I have ;)

The only option that I have seen for looking up callsigns in Xastir is via a
downloaded database file.  For me this is undesirable - more flotsam on the
disk and the potential for out of date data (unless I am good about updating
the database - meh).

Is there an option to grab callsign lookup data off of teh intarwebs as it
is needed (e.g. I do a lookup on WE7U and Xastir retrieves the data
real-time off of qrz)?

Real time callsign lookups seem "natural" to me and I wondered if I am
missing something or if there was a conscious decision not to do this?

Thanks!
Greg
KD7UBJ