[Xastir] A success report and an inquiry

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Fri Jul 6 17:55:02 EDT 2007

On Jul 6, 2007, at 4:10 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Or create new GNIS files somehow?

Well, you're one of the developers, so you tell me if it makes more
sense to:

- create new GNIS files in the old format with new data (assuming
that's possible)

- re-code so that xastir understands the new GNIS format

- convert the GNIS files to shapefiles, and abandon the GNIS support
built into xastir

That last one makes a certain amount of sense to me (a non-developer)
since shapelib support has been integrated with the standard
distribution.

I can't even remember now what the problem with the GNIS files were;
the format changed, but did it change so that they are no longer useful?

-Jason
kg4wsv