[Xastir] xastir stops transmitting?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sat Jul 21 23:38:53 EDT 2007

I've been out of town for a week at the Soaring contest.  I left xastir
running on my home workstation.  Yesterday at some point, I noticed that
the icon for my home station was fading, and this morning, it disappeared
altogether.  WHen I got home a few minutes ago, I discovered that there
was a bulletin pop-up on my xastir window, dated sometime on the 19th.
    ...so it appears that xastir ceases to send its own packets to an
internet server interface, when there is a bulletin window open and
requiring acknowledgement?  The screen is full of other stations, so it
doesn't appear that it stopped processing incominng packets, just that it
stopped sending its own position...

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin