[Xastir] xastir stops transmitting?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jul 30 12:25:28 EDT 2007

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Rick Green wrote:

> I've been out of town for a week at the Soaring contest.  I left xastir
> running on my home workstation.  Yesterday at some point, I noticed that
> the icon for my home station was fading, and this morning, it disappeared
> altogether.  WHen I got home a few minutes ago, I discovered that there
> was a bulletin pop-up on my xastir window, dated sometime on the 19th.
>     ...so it appears that xastir ceases to send its own packets to an
> internet server interface, when there is a bulletin window open and
> requiring acknowledgement?  The screen is full of other stations, so it
> doesn't appear that it stopped processing incominng packets, just that it
> stopped sending its own position...

I was waiting to answer this one until I could duplicate it.  I've
been busy so didn't try to send a bulletin via a script to the
APRS-IS or anything.  I just waited until my system had been stuck
for a while with a bulletin dialog on the screen.  Happened this
morning, or rather yesterday from a series of new bulletin sent.
Checking the raw packets on Findu, my station kept sending the
entire time.  I suspected that'd be the case due to the way the code
is written, but wanted to verify first.