[Xastir] KPC-9612+

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 23:42:14 EDT 2007

Hi, if I want to use Xastir with a KPC-9612+ (1200 baud port), should I just
pretend it is a KPC3+ from Xastir's perspective?

Fyi, being both a new Xastir user and the owner of about a 5 week old
TH-D7A, I finally made the cable and connected the handheld to the desktop
computer here at home.  It was my first attempt at transmitting and
receiving RF via Xastir.  Thumbs up - things worked nicely.  It was also a
test of VMware with a Linux virtual machine under WinXP using serial ports.
Curiously, based on the  Xastir/Linux settings, I was expecting  the  Linux
port to map to COM1 in Windows, but it's actually using COM2.  It's probably
something simple like VMware thinks COM1 is already in use for some reason.

Next step is to get the KPC-9612+ to work.

Thanks,
Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX