[Xastir] No Maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jun 15 16:29:53 EDT 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, Ray Wells wrote:

> I've had a long standing problem with no maps in xastir and I almost
> drove Curt to insanity with my problem.

Define "almost"...

By any chance have you tried the LSB version of Xastir to see if it
runs ok too?  I just created another one today, so the 1.9.0 and
1.9.1 versions are both available.

These binaries use only the Linux LSB libraries to do their work, so
anything else needed by Xastir must be statically-compiled in to the
executable or provided along with the binary as separate libraries
in the package.  So... GraphicsMagick is compiled in with it.

If you have installed LSB support on your system, the binary should
work.  Give it a shot and see if image files work for you that way.
This one installs into /opt/Xastir (per the LSB spec), so you may
want to move your ~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf file to another
filename and start with a fresh slate.  Or just rename your
~/.xastir directory to something else before starting it up.