[Xastir] Configure Error

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Jun 28 22:03:28 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 05:28:44PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <shortsheep at worldnet.att.net> flavor, containing:
> Loaded Fedora Core 6, as I gave up trying to compile under Cygwin.
>
> When I run Configure I get an error that Motif headers are not loaded.
>
> I thought OpenMotif 2.3 was included in FC6?

The libraries might be, but the -dev package (with the development headers
needed by Xastir) probably isn't.  You need to add that one package.

> Is there any easy way to fix this w/o downloading OpenMotif again?

Yep.  Just add the -dev package.  I'm sorry, I don't know what it's called.
Check the Xastir wiki (www.xastir.org, click "Xastir Documentation" and
then "HowTos").  There's a page there that documents how to get Xastir running
on Fedora.