[Xastir] Xastir remote TNC solution

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Mar 16 13:34:07 EDT 2007

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Bill Vodall WA7NWP wrote:

> Good to hear the Remote Serial option is working for you.  That's a
> powerful tool.  It would be nice if it extended to the Windows world
> but I'm sure that will eventually come.

I suppose one could remote a weather station in a similar manner.

You can also run your GPS remotely via GPSD.  I've done it and it's
kind'a cool.  It also allows you to share your GPS amoung several
apps.

Another option is to connect to a remote APWPE instance running on
a Windows machine.  I've done this clear across the country via the
internet for Xastir testing.  It makes me appear to have a direct RF
presence in another state.