[Xastir] APRSD experience?

Jim Shorney jshorney at inebraska.com
Sun Mar 25 16:58:39 EDT 2007

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 08:13:30 +0300, Tapio Sokura wrote:

>The catch here is to have the right variant of aprsd. The one
>distributed by wa4dsy only works with TNCs accessed straight through
>serial ports. The one distributed via sourceforge.net also "works" with
>linux kernel ax.25 ports.

That's true, I had forgotten about that.  The Debian package is also of the
version that supports ax.25.  I haven't actually used aprsd much recently, I
have been experimenting with Xastir's Igate functionality.  I may "turn it
back on" when i get my DSL connected this week.  Thanks for the info on the
patches, it is most useful.

Maybe if we talk about it enough, Hamish will roll the patches into the
release version... :)

73

-Jim

--
Jim Shorney      -->.<--Put complaints in this box
jshorney (at) inebraska.com