[Xastir] www.xastir.org "User Support Forum" again

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 27 10:29:31 EDT 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Tom Russo wrote:

> Anyone here use UI-View maps with xastir?  About all I know about that is
> that you need to convert .inf files to .geo somehow.

    xastir/scripts/inf2geo.pl

You need ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick installed to use it as it
requires "identify" or "gm identify".  Earlier versions only worked
with ImageMagick.

> I gotta say, I really am even more convinced that the web-based "User Support"
> forum is worse than useless --- nobody with answers seems to read it, and
> every few weeks someone posts to it desperate for answers.

I agree wholeheartedly and expressed a similar view a while back.
For me, mailing lists are the only things that work as I don't check
forums, regularly or irregularly.  I don't like the "monitor"
feature on the forums much either.  E-mail is faster to both read
and respond, plus requires no action on my part to regularly keep
track of things.

If Chuck okays it, I'll be more than happy to close the forums.
Only he or I can make that happen.