[Xastir] interface failures, part 2

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon May 7 07:38:52 EDT 2007

On Sat, 5 May 2007, Jason Winningham wrote:

> 1 - xastir fails to recognize that _it_ created the lock file, so it's OK to
> remove it and restart the interface like I asked.  My feeling is this is a
> bug.

I haven't dealt with this particular problem before, so likely the
serial port lock file handling there could use another look.
There's another lock file that tells whether multiple Xastir's are
running:  That section of code has been fixed in the manner you
describe, but it only gets checked on startup.  We could borrow code
from there though since it's already written/debugged.

> 2 - it would be nice if I could tell xastir to automatically retry opening the
> device special file if it errors out, just like we do with server connections.
> I guess this is a feature request.

We've not tried to run past sleep/wakeup events before.  I guess
there's no technical reason we couldn't do a retry there.  Just time
to do it.

> Curt, I didn't try the error message patches you sent yet because I had a
> balloon flight and not enough time.  Are those in the latest CVS, or should I
> go ahead and patch them in?

The patch is in CVS now.  That new code should probably be separated
out into another function and called everywhere we do a similar type
of "open".

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer