[Xastir] SX Blue II GPS

Richard Polivka, N6NKO r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 30 21:03:35 EDT 2008

I looked at the brochure for this. There is something that tells me to
beware of this. If it sounds to be too good to be true...

I know that one time I did a one hour occupation of a HARN monument here
in WI with my laptop and my Garmin GPS V.
I then brought the data back and did some post-processing and I got
within +/- 0.2 meters.

I question the antenna. Looks like a fancy covered patch antenna.

I really worry about the quality of the data. Besides, it is really that
necessary for this kind of accuracy unless you are doing site surveys?

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO