[Xastir] torrents and xastir

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Aug 1 13:18:00 EDT 2008

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Oh yea, I know what else has been nagging at me but I keep
> forgetting to ask:  I saw in the docs that we can name a file or a
> directory when creating the torrent...  Can we do an entire tree of
> directories?
>
> Also:  If Gerry or someone were to make scripts to create the
> torrents automatically, which would be very cool, -and- if torrents
> can handle trees of files, there's no reason we couldn't have a set
> of torrents by state and another set of torrents by 1x1-degree
> slice.  The state torrents would change as the dataset grew, but the
> 1x1-degree torrents would remain the same.

And one more thing:  We have disk space and bandwidth available on
wetnet.net.  We should be able to participate in the torrents for
the VMWare images and for the map torrents.

What's a good headless client for such purposes, one that can be
used for multiple torrents?  Something that wouldn't take hours and
hours to set up.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer