[Xastir] Local Info, repeaters and object.log

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Aug 8 11:18:05 EDT 2008

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, tom.white at gmail.com wrote:

> It appears that
> Xastir has a persistent object file format, and so I've made an exporter for
> that format based on an example file.

Yep.  Also note that Xastir changes the format it saves objects in
based on whether it is set to transmit compressed objects.
Compressed objects are saved in Base-91 format ("Compressed" chapter
of the spec).

> My question is whether anyone has any pointers. My goal is some simple way
> to get repeater information from my database into Xastir, preferably for
> "not necessarily tech savvy" users.

Sounds like it should work.  You'd have to shut down Xastir, fire
off your program/script to write the new object file, taking care to
merge with existing objects in there, then start Xastir up again.

In that case Xastir should start transmitting all of them, which may
or may be what you want:  If tens or hundreds of us start doing
that with the same names, then all the stations will battle it out
for each object temporarily.  Of course Xastir can be set to not
transmit them as well.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer