[Xastir] Xastir install and compile tutorial

Ronny Julian k4rjj at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 06:30:11 EST 2008

I got through setting up Ubuntu 7.10 fine but I'm running into a brick wall following the directions to set up Xastir.  Anyone have a different web site that explains how to do it?  I get the Sourceforge download but I get lost after that.  Can someone help me through this just to get it up and running?

Thanks so much in advance and to the programmers who work so hard on this.  I've seen this work on others machines but I'm just now taking the time to try it.

Ronny K4RJJ