[Xastir] does CWOP filter get new DW stations?

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Wed Feb 27 12:59:03 EST 2008

Two topics covered here.  Thanks for the opening.

Matt Werner wrote:
> To make the program more...universal...shouldn't it check for more
> than the prefix (or maybe it does)?  CW and DW are both prefixes that
> are also used by foreign countries and could be (or maybe already are)
> on APRS.
>
> At a minimum a CW station should be required to be wx and the last
> four characters should be numeric I would think.

Correct.  I'd also recommend that we look explicitly for APnnn, ARnnn,
ASnnn and that we consider making this a user-configurable area that
gets updated periodically by developers or maintainers to be "the
default list"

*TOPIC 2*
Please consider connecting to cwop.tamu.eduport 30001 for gathering your
CWOP data.  That provides a full (nope, no filters) feed for all CWOP
data including APRS-Wx (ham:  not CW/DW) stations.

There are 3 CWOP-dedicated servers.  These are for the CW/DW stations.
   Hams should continue to use the APRS-IS servers _unless_ you don't
want your data pointed to RF.

Questions will be entertained.  We're trying to get CWOP covered with
its own servers to improve CWOP *and* APRS performance.

gerry