[Xastir] Fedora Special Interest Group (SIG)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 8 11:57:24 EST 2008

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Tate wrote:

> Fedora has a Special Interest Group (SIG) for hams (no, do not confuse
> this with the TAPR APRS SIG!!). The group's purpose is to include ham
> specific software into the Fedora repositories and (maybe) Fedora releases.
>
> You can find the Fedora Hams SIG pages here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/AmateurRadio

I'm a bit confused (not unusual for me these days, ask anybody!).
Are you talking about a USER mailing list that has to do with
Fedora/Ham-radio topics, or talking about a CONTRIBUTOR list having
to do with supporting ham-radio packages in Fedora?  Both?

Since we have several developers, it's sometimes hard to know who to
direct things to for any particular case.  "Top dog" is Chuck Byam
(project admin).  I'm probably the most vocal on various mailing
lists, so am often thought of as "The Xastir Guy" when I'm really
not (It's Chuck I tell you!).  Fifteen official developers with
commit privileges are listed on SourceForge, plus we have lots of
contributors for patches, bugs, feature requests, etc.

If you're looking for someone to support an Xastir package for
Fedora it's best to pick a developer that actually uses Fedora.
Anyone?

If no developers use it, perhaps an advanced user plus at least one
of the developers should enlist.

Anyway, fill us in a bit more and we'll see if we can drum up some
interest in supporting it.  It's a worthwhile cause as lots of
people use Fedora.