[Xastir] Font error during compile

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 18:58:56 EDT 2008

> I investigated and found a bunch of files in the source directory
> owned by root. Whoever configured this virtual machine must have been
> a little sudo-happy ;-). I chowned everything back to xubuntu:xubuntu
> and the update/install went fine.

Yeah, that was my fault.  I think I did a sudo bash, ran the
get-maptools script and forgot to exit out of that before moving on to
bootstrap and configure.  This was mentioned previously as one of the
issues with the Hardy virtual machine.  The other issue is that when
Xubuntu is updated, it updates the Berkeley db4.5 to db4.6, but it
doesn't automatically update db4.5-dev to db4.6-dev, which results in
a mismatch and map cacheing doesn't work.  Hopefully I got those
version numbers right.  I think all that needs to be done to fix it is
to remove db4-5-dev and then install db4.6-dev.

Regards,
Lee