[Xastir] Quickly closing...

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jul 26 11:12:10 EDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> Info for national/in101503.shp
> 4 Columns,  10316 Records in file
> DBF signature: FEATURE:ROUTE:STATE_FIPS:STATE
> Calling SHPOpen()
> Polyline(3), 10316 Records in file
> File Bounds: (   -158.0992737,    17.97571564)
> 	(   -65.65161896,    70.31949615)
> Calling map_visible_lat_lon on the entire shapefile
> Shape 5975 is visible, drawing it.  Parts in shape: 1
> Limited Access Highway, I- 435, 29, MO,
> Done with field contents
> dbfawk parse of structure 5975: color=4 lanes=4 name=I- 435 key= symbol=\0
> filled=0 fill_style=0 fill_color=45 fill_stipple=0 pattern=0
> display_level=16385 label_level=8192 label_color=8
> draw_filled is 2
> Found Polylines
> X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
> operation)

If the problem has to do with the text above, it could be a bad set
of files representing the Shapefile map, or it could be flaky
memory.

Just to see if it might be that particular map, start Xastir like
this which will cancel out your map selections and bring Xastir up
with no maps:

     xastir -m &

If it comes up fine, try selecting the map that it choked on to see
if the problem recurs.

If you have a memory check program loaded under Linux, either at the
boot prompt or via some other method (usually memtest86), run that
for a few hours, preferably a few days, to see if you get any errors
there.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer