[Xastir] Lockups on a fresh system

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jun 8 21:26:36 EDT 2008

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008, Alex Carver wrote:

> Top says Xastir is using 100% CPU and the last thing it was about
> to do is refresh the maps.  There is no ImageMagick process
> running in the background.  However, there is a bulletin window up
> (it opened on receipt of two bulletins) but I can't close the
> window (though I can move it) and I can't do anything with the
> Xastir main window.
>
> This is the same condition I've seen before.  The maps were going
> to (or in process of) refreshing but a bulletin window was up.
> I'll have to try to disable the bulletin window (I forget where)
> and see what happens there.

The main thread does all the graphical stuff.  Perhaps the new
bulletin popping up is causing a problem with the map updating, or
perhaps there's some interaction with your window manager as far as
the new bulleting coming up.

Remind us what OS, version, and window manager you're using.  Maybe
somebody else has the same setup and can say whether they do/don't
have the same problem.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer