[Xastir] digipeater coverage plots

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 12:05:28 EDT 2008

Not quite the implementation you're talking about but what about using Splat (http://www.qsl.net/kd2bd/splat.html)?  It can generate a line-of-sight coverage map for you very easily.  You could start with the base station, find the gaps in coverage, then deploy your fill-in digipeaters in those gaps.

Splat uses data from a Space Shuttle topography mission to get terrain data for the predictions.  It'll also use information about the soil conditions to adjust propagation.