[Xastir] WX updates and comments

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 10 12:48:12 EDT 2009

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009, Mike Swiatkowski, AA9VI wrote:

> 1. Does anyone know how to change the default WX report from 30
> mins to 15?  I thought there was a slider in there to change
> that.  I did change it, but reports are still every 30 mins.
> Perhaps I have to save config and restart for changes to take
> effect?

I believe timing slider changes should take effect immediately.
Perhaps when you change to one of the two types of weather stations
(Configure->Defaults) some things are set automatically and the
timing slider no longer has an effect.  Again I'd have to look at
the code to know.

FYI:  One can save the config file at any time while running via
File->Configure->Save Config Now!  Any time Xastir is shut down it
also saves configs.  The times you need to worry about are when
you've made some changes you want to keep and you leave Xastir
running for some days/weeks/months without manually saving the
config or shutting down.  Changes will be lost if Xastir or your
machine crash and you'll have to do them over again when you next
start Xastir.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer