[Xastir] Xastir is running on OSX

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 15 15:28:04 EDT 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Tom Hayward wrote:

> Then ran: sudo apt-get install imagemagic pcre db42 lcms proj gdal
> libpng libxml2
>
> I got "couldn't find package" errors from gdal and libpng. It
> suggested libpng3 and libpng-shlibs--which of these is appropriate for
> Xastir? What should I do about gdal (and what features will I miss
> without it)?

Don't know on the PNG libs, sorry.  It's probably ImageMagick that
is needing that.

As far as GDAL, skip it unless you have some specific oddball maps
that it might work on.  Most people (99%?) probably will never
need or use it.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer