[Xastir] Xastir is running on OSX

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 15 15:42:13 EDT 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Craig Anderson wrote:

> A worthy and very appreciated effort.  But I would suggest trying it without
> Fink or Macports.  I've had significant problems with both Fink and Macports.
> They both seem to change (and are broken) very often.  When I next take a run
> at this I'm going to try it without either Fink or Macports; install all the
> parts directly.

Huh, kind of like many of us do on Linux?  hi hi

There is certainly some satisfaction to doing it all yourself and
bypassing 3rd-party packaging problems!

I do realize that many people coming from the Mac world have zero
background in Unix/Linux, even though they're running Unix now under
the hood.  Most don't care either.  ;-)

Heck, my parents and my sister are Mac-heads.  We had a big
(computer) rift in our family that was totally cured when Mac went
to Unix!

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer