[Xastir] dbfawk files for Tiger-2008 shapefiles

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 21 11:22:19 EDT 2009

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> Thanks for doing these Lee, I know everyone will appreciate it.
>
> I dropped them in my /usr/local/share/xastir/config and restarted Xastir. But
> it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Do I need to reload Xastir? Do
> the ./configure, make, and make install again? I did reindex all maps but it
> didn't help.

No on reloading Xastir.  You just need to restart it.  No on
configure/make/make install.

As far as reindexing maps, if you do the "reindex new" option, it
works off timestamps...  If the timestamp on the file is not newer
than your map_index.sys file, it won't reindex them.  Sometimes if
you grab archives from the 'net and unzip the maps onto your system
you'll get old timestamps and the "reindex new" option won't catch
them.  In that case you either need to "touch" the files (updating
the timestamp on them) and "reindex new", or "reindex all".

Are the maps appearing in your Map Chooser?  If so, then you don't
need to reindex 'cuz you already have them indexed.

Exactly what is not working for you?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer