[Xastir] AGW under WINE

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Thu Apr 30 09:55:44 EDT 2009

Just a report on this idea that was floated a few days ago.

Basically I could not get this going completely. I used a Mepis 8
install (Debian Lenny) with Wine v 1.something . I got the most sense
out of it running AGW in Windows 98 mode. The PE appeared in the Tray ok
and I managed to configure a port for COM1 or /dev/ttyS0 if you prefer.
It even seemed to be taking the TNC in and out of KISS mode from what I
could see. Although it didnt appear to quit properly leaving processes
running. I had to run about a bit and kill processes which was
frustrating. The problem seemed to be perhaps the Winsock interface to
PORT 8000. There was just no data transfer going on although xastir
seemed to think it was connecting to AGW .

I may take this further and see what I can make of it. Perhaps the
Guarddog fire wall is messing things up. To get it installed all I did
was copy the AGW folder from a WIN98 machine across the LAN to the WINE
C drive folder and then use the Wine config to ADD the application with
WIN98 preferences.

If I dont post anything more on this soon then Ive failed to get any
further.

Tony VK5AH