[Xastir] AGW under WINE

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 30 10:17:24 EDT 2009

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Tony Hunt wrote:

> Basically I could not get this going completely. I used a Mepis 8 install
> (Debian Lenny) with Wine v 1.something . I got the most sense out of it
> running AGW in Windows 98 mode.

Just curious, are you needing some particular feature that only
AGWPE has, like handling some odd form of TNC that Xastir and/or
AX.25 networking ports won't?  Trying to handle lots of TNC's?

If not, and you're only after the audio soundcard in/out features,
you might try the software that was out before AGWPE and free,
called "soundmodem".  You can configure it to appear as a serial
KISS TNC and then hook Xastir's "Serial KISS TNC" interface to it,
or you can configure it as a full-blown AX.25 networking port, in
which case you hook Xastir's "AX25" interface to it.

If I've suggested this to you before, I apologize.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer