[Xastir] Problem with fonts

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 17:20:07 EDT 2009

I am running Xastit 1.9.4 on a Ubuntu 8.10 with kernel  2.6.27-14

I start the application as root using the following command: xastir &

As soon I issue this command I start getting the following warning on
the terminal:
---------
Warning:
    Name: create_appshell text_output
    Class: XmTextField
    Character '\156' not supported in font.  Discarded.
---------
This warning repeats every station it hears.

When the GUI is loaded it also shows this small warning, which I captured.

http://yfrog.com/4xxastirwarningp

If I close, both terminal and warning, xastir keeps running fine. But
I imagine that all those warning are wasting CPU in the background.

How can I solve this ?

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217