[Xastir] Compile 1.9.5 on Cygwin?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Feb 1 12:44:19 EST 2009

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009, Alex Carver wrote:

> Unfortunately this fix is entirely dependent on the Cygwin mirrors
> chosen.  If the mirror still has a copy of the 6.x version of
> xorg-x11-devel then you'll be ok.  If not, there's no way to get
> around the bug.  I tried this same fix for a full weekend a couple
> weeks ago but I couldn't find a mirror that would let me go that
> far back with the versions.

Another method is to run VMWare Player and one of the vmware images
that contains Xastir on Linux.  More reliable long-term than Cygwin
if you've got enough memory and horsepower to run two OS'es at once.

If no, there's always the possibility of piecing together an old PC
out of spare parts and installing Linux.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer