[Xastir] Compiling Xastir on OSX and remote TNC access

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Sat Jul 25 11:18:59 EDT 2009

Remserial compiled without a hitch on OSX :) Just executing make from
the source directory compiled it cleanly and I moved it into
/usr/local/bin, it appears to be working correctly.

I can not fully test everything yet because I have run into a problem
on the linux box, if I execute the following command:

net2kiss -a -i ax0 -s /tmp/net2kisslink &

It exits out with this error:

bubastis:/dev# net2kiss -a -i ax0 -s /tmp/net2kisslink &
net2kiss: out of pseudoterminals
[1] 2916
[1]+  Exit 1                  net2kiss -a -i ax0 -s /tmp/net2kisslink

Has anyone ever seen this? I can't imagine I'm running out of pseudo
terminals, is there a way to list how many are in use? I did find out
how to increase the number of them, but it's currently set to 4096 and
I can't imagine I've got that many in use on this box.

> ps Very interesting stuff on your website, especially about "RoIP" and
> asterisk!

Thanks :) I love Asterisk!!!

--
Stephen Brown - ARS K1LNX