[Xastir] Problems with lighting up Counties, NWS files

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jul 31 19:12:45 EDT 2009

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> See the problem?  The files are different sizes but the same name.
> Also the timestamps on the three files with new sizes are also
> changed.

On the good machine (counties light up), "dbfdump c_03oc08.dbf |
head" and then a bit of editing yields:

     STATE
     CWA
     COUNTYNAME
     FIPS
     TIME_ZONE
     FE_AREA
     LON
     LAT

On the bad machine with the newer file I get:

     OBJECTID
     SHAPE_LENG
     SHAPE_AREA
     STATE
     CWA
     COUNTYNAME
     FIPS
     TIME_ZONE
     FE_AREA
     LON
     LAT

Rather a drastic change in the DBF file format!  They added three
new fields onto the beginning.