[Xastir] APRS GATE

George karayannis m3rl1n at otenet.gr
Tue Jun 23 06:10:28 EDT 2009

Hi Curt and thanks for the reply

the gate as it is now does RF-net traffic and vice versa

using a winXP PC and UIview32 + AGWPE keying a D710.

I have configured the agwpe to accept any connection on port 8000,
unproto 1, in fact you can view the traffic by activating a networked
agw device in xastir, using sv4lax.dyndns.org:8000 or no-ip:8000.

If I could do that with Xastir+soundmodem and rid meself of win I would
be delighted heHE

yesterday, I messed around a bit with Flexnet, which brings
soundmodemconfig to windows, but could not find a suitable gate mode, as
in agwpe.

I have not dealt with other aprs packages such as aprsd, so I have my
homework cut out for me, however viewing the traffic on a map as per
uiview+agw is quite appealing for me.

cheers

George SV4LAX