[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 40, Issue 1

George Karayannis m3rl1n at otenet.gr
Mon Mar 2 14:20:07 EST 2009

Hello all and 73s

my name is George, callsign SV4LAX, QTH Volos Greece, KM19LI

I am new to the group so pls go easy on my transgressions hi

my introduction to Linux - Ubuntu distro and Xastir happened during Xmas
and so far I am quite fascinated.

However, the only complaint that I have re: xastir is the fact that is
it very difficult for me too to make it accept uiview maps, of which
there is an abundance around.

I tried the script and procedure mentioned @
http://zl3ame.blogspot.com/2008/11/using-uiview-maps-with-xastir.html,

however no joy at all. The only thing I got to work was a shp vector
package, however the xastir experience would be complete with the uiview
maps integration.

Should any member of the group have any input on the issue, I would
receive it with much appreciation

regards and 73s

George SV4LAX

PS the Xastir version that I am running now on several Ubuntu 8.10 PCs
was installed through Synaptic