[Xastir] problems with Xastir-Hardy VM and vmware tools?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 00:04:38 EDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:

> VMware Workstation was a good deal for the money I paid, and I'm happy with it.
> The support is quite good and they keep it up to date as new linux systems
> spring up.  If you're gonna use VMware a lot, it seems to me that it's worth
> the money to go with the paid product over the free products.

I agree you get what you pay for.  The newest version of VMware server
(2.0) may have a version of VMware tools that works with the newer
Linux kernels now, but it doesn't like my machine.  Whenever I try to
create a new virtual machine, I get a server error message, and it
progresses no further.  I never had any problems with the 1.0x series
other than the the tools issue that surfaced back in November.  The
only reason I don't have any plans to buy VMware Workstation is that I
have also started to lose interest in VMware.  I prefer either dual
booting on a separate partition or installing Linux on an external USB
stick or drive when it comes to mixing Windows and Linux, and last
year I built a separate desktop machine at home that's all Linux, so
there's not much reason for me to mix the two any more.

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX