[Xastir] maps, shp and jpegs

George Karayannis m3rl1n at otenet.gr
Tue Mar 10 17:08:45 EDT 2009

Hi Curt and thnaks for your reply

yep did that, re-indexing works nicely with shapefiles, I have very
little or no trouble getting xastir to pick up on new maps and then
choosing and displaying is unproblematic. The only issue is with
uiview-derived maps.

trully sorry to bug you guys, however me and a radio amateur mate are
the only ones locally that have gone linux-xastir (in fact the vast
majority of radioamateurs in Greece are Uiview operators), so we are
sort of blazing the path here.

I wonder if there is an online depository of related info that I can
browse through, sort of 'rtfm'

regards

George SV4LAX

PS My mate suggested that maybe this is a xastir version issue, I am
quite unsure though, the SPM version that I am now using on 5 Ubuntu
machines has no problems handling shp