[Xastir] maps, shp and jpegs

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 10 18:38:45 EDT 2009

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, George Karayannis wrote:

> yep did that, re-indexing works nicely with shapefiles, I have very
> little or no trouble getting xastir to pick up on new maps and then
> choosing and displaying is unproblematic. The only issue is with
> uiview-derived maps.

Please send me a set of files that you cannot convert, just one or
two images with their associated .INF files.  Send them direct
rather than to the list.

I'll see whether I can convert them.  This should let us know
whether the problem is in the map+.inf or in the script+Xastir side
of things.

> I wonder if there is an online depository of related info that I can
> browse through, sort of 'rtfm'

There should be a bunch of text files distributed with Xastir.
Hopefully the package maintainer for your OS decided to include
those.  If not, they're available via SourceForge in the More,
Code->CVS Browse area.

> PS My mate suggested that maybe this is a xastir version issue, I am
> quite unsure though, the SPM version that I am now using on 5 Ubuntu
> machines has no problems handling shp

I doubt that's the issue, but it's always possible.  What version of
Xastir are you running?  (Help->About)

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer