[Xastir] Xastir-Xubuntu Live CD/USB

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:15:39 EDT 2009

On 3/23/09, Neville A. Cross <nacross at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a graphical tool for creating a LiveUSB on fedora, the name
> is: Liveusb-creator
> As far as I understand there is a equivalent for Ubuntu, but i have
> never tested.

There may be an Ubuntu equivalent, but someone wanting to create a
live usb stick from the new iso may not have Ubuntu or any Linux
version installed prior to the effort.

> Most problems that I have found is that not every PC boot from USB,
> usually older computers lack of this option.

True, but I assume those who asked for USB images have the capability
to boot from USB devices.  One of those (William) obviously does.
Also the new iso image can still make a handy live CD for either those
who prefer to boot from a CD drive or those who are not able to boot
via USB.  There are also the netbooks that have no CD drive.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX