[Xastir] Newbie APRS help

KA7O ka7o at ka7o.net
Thu Mar 26 21:00:40 EDT 2009

Hi Mike,

I run a similar setup here in Wyoming. But I use aprsd for the
server/igate duties and then just have xastir connect to my own local
server. Digipeater duties are handled by the KPC3+ TNC aprsd uses.

Now that both aprsd and xastir are incuded in the Fedora repositories -
it's almost trivial to setup. So long as you've a TNC that'll digipeat
that is!

Good luck and enjoy!

73